Lear Associates was set up by husband and wife team, Michael & Beverley Lear in 1985 to work in landscape design, development planning, and heritage spheres. Our ambition is to create inspiring and rewarding places which are environmentally, socially and culturally sustainable in the long-term.
We regularly collaborate with a wide range of professionals, colleagues, stakeholders and members of the public in the pursuit of this goal.
The company has a rich portfolio of work throughout the UK and undertakes commissions for:
- Public landscapes and large-scale works
- Private parks, gardens and arboreta
- Urban design and landscape design codes
- Green infrastructure planning
- Historic landscape research and conservation plans
- Landscape characterisation and visual impact assessments
- Tree and garden plant surveys
- Landscape-based community projects
- Purpose designed research briefs and collaborations